SAN FRANCISCO SAFE HOUSE
SERVICES FOR TRAFFICKING SURVIVORS
TECHNICAL AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
P.O. Box 40369
San Francisco, CA 94140
SafeHouse is a clean and sober living community that empowers homeless women who are commercially sexually exploited. It is an 18-month transitional housing program. At SafeHouse, women gain the skills and resources they need to grow and become independent and self-sufficient members of society.
• Transitional housing for 18 months
• Individual case management and weekly evaluations with clinical staff.
• Substance abuse treatment at offsite programs.
• Attention to medical problems and subsidized dental care
• Individual and group therapy
• Classes on prostitution issues
• Food and some clothing and accessories
• Nutrition education
• Fitness training with exercise equipment onsite
• Money management consultation, including tracking income and expenditures, maintaining a savings account, clearing bad credit history.
• Computer competency required and classes made available as needed; computers on site for use of the residents.
• Resident and staff outings and retreats
• Assistance in locating permanent housing after leaving SafeHouse.
• Vocational testing and guidance
• Financial and guidance support for schooling
• An innovative Internship Program that offers job readiness training and often leads to a permanent position